One of the questions we often get asked at Total Underpinning is: what is reblocking? Is there a difference between reblocking and restumping? The answer is they are one in the same. Reblocking is the process of replacing old material stumps on a house that uses subfloors as a basis for its building foundations, with new, enhanced stumps. As these stumps are placed in sets called blocks, the terms reblocking and reblocking are often used synonymously.
Soil conditions vary widely across Australia. Wear and tear over generations can and does cause structural damage to residential and industrial properties. Oftne, it’s only after cracks start appearing in walls and cupboard doors don’t close properly that you know you’re in for an expensive repair job.
It’s important to be proactive about reblocking in Kerrimuir. To protect your investments and property, it is recommended that the process to be carried out by a professional reblocking services company to alleviate the burden. Many reblocking companies have varying levels of expertise, it is important you find a suitably experience reblocking company to do the job for you.
REBLOCKING – WHAT IS IT? THE REBLOCKING PROCESS Kerrimuir
Reblocking has a best-practice set of components you need to understand in order to get the full view of what it is.
- Reblocking insurance. You may be able to recoup much of the cost simply by having a robust home and contents insurance policy.
- Reblocking inspection. Before you engage a full reblocking team in Kerrimuir, a visual inspection of the stumps is best advised. This occurs by digging 100mm into the top soil next to the stumps, and testing appropriately. As a result of this inspection, you should be able to determine if you need a complete rehaul of your stumps or just a reblocking reset.
- Reblocking process. Next, a highly qualified reblocking team of engineers and reblocking tradespeople will replace the actual stumps. These will be either wood, concrete or steel, and may have decayed significantly. Most modern reblocking practices recommend you use concrete or steel to ensure maximum lasting.
- Reblocking report. Any professional reblocking services in Kerrimuir will provide a final report after the reblocking is complete. This is your guarantee against any new restumping needing to be done for at least 25 years.
REBLOCKING VS UNDERPINNING Kerrimuir
What is the difference between reblocking and underpinning?
Underpinning involves injection of concrete or additional material to support existing flat foundations. Reblocking itself is exactly the same as restumping – using wooden, steel or concrete slabs to stabilise your property.
REBLOCKING COST Kerrimuir
How much does reblocking cost?
While it varies with the property in general reblocking in Kerrimuir has a reblocking cost $8000-$20,000. This varies based on factors such as:
- The size of your property
- Age of the blocks/stumps will have an impact on the final price.
- Soil conditions
- Access points
OUTSOURCING REBLOCKING Kerrimuir, LOCAL REBLOCKING Kerrimuir
If you have not performed reblocking before, it is no easy task. We recommend a professional reblocking services company to take it on for you. We have seen customers spend thousands only to have to have complete reblocking work done.
REBLOCKING LENGTH OF TIME
In our experience at Total Underpinning, concrete and steel stumps last a long time (up to 80 years), but the average is 25 years. This means you should have a visual check up every so often, or ask a professional reblocking team to do it for you.
REBLOCKING SERVICES Kerrimuir
These are the types of services we offer at Total Underpinning:
- Restumping, reblocking and underpinning work Kerrimuir.
- Expert, flexible reblocking professionals.
- Restumping assessment reports
- Professional reblocking services
- Reblocking and restacking
- Qualified reblocking teams
- Reblocking visual assessments
- Reblocking Kerrimuir
- Resetting reblocks
- Reblocking estimates Kerrimuir
- Reblocking and restacking
- Reblocking assessments
CONTACT US FOR YOUR REBLOCKING JOB Kerrimuir
It is strongly advised you get in touch with a professional reblocking organisation if you are new to reblocking, even if you have performed renovation work before. Give us a call today and we’ll be happy to assist.
Office Location in Kerrimuir
Location: Kerrimuir, VIC, Australia